- the magazine
16-18 June 2022
InterContinental Pattaya Resort
Sajan Sachdev and Thanisa Sachdev started their ‘happily ever after’ by the beach, at the InterContinental Pattaya Resort, a property that Thanisa had fallen in love with since she saw their two-bedroom villa, perfect for a mehendi and doli ceremony. They exchanged their laavans on the pristine sands overlooking the glittering sea, surrounded by their families and close friends, the pillars of their support system. They reveal more about their beautiful ceremonies.
Since you’re both from Thailand, did you incorporate any aspect of your Thai heritage into your wedding?
One of the ways we celebrated our cultural roots was through the inclusion of traditional Thai sweets and desserts. They hold a special place in our hearts, and we wanted to share the delightful flavours and textures with our loved ones. We carefully selected popular local favourites such as mango sticky rice, khanom khrok (coconut pancakes), and babin (pandan-flavoured jelly).
What was your favourite memory of your wedding?
It is nearly impossible to choose just one, because every aspect was a symphony of love, joy, and unforgettable moments. From the intimate mehendi ceremony with family, the energetic sangeet dances, the magical rain shower experience, and the serene laavans with the sounds of waves as a backdrop, to the fun Sajan ji ghar aaya dance during the doli. Each of these moments contributed to the richness and beauty of our wedding day, creating a tapestry of memories that will forever hold a special place in our hearts.
What’s a fun element that you included in your wedding?
Given our shared passion for beer and my husband’s ownership of a beer-importing company, we decided to personalise beer cans, with ‘his’ and ‘her’ versions featuring our names, with our respective favourite beers.
Now that you’ve done it all, any tips for other couples?
1. Plan and book vendors in advance: This will help you secure your preferred choices and minimise last-minute stress.
2. Communicate and collaborate: wedding planning should be a joint effort between you and your partner. Discuss and make decisions together, and share responsibilities and tasks.
3. Take breaks and enjoy quality time together.
4. Involve and cherish your families: Your wedding day is a celebration of not just your love, but also the union of families. Seek their advice, and let them feel included.
5. Prioritise self-care: Wedding planning can be demanding, both physically and emotionally. Take care of your well-being by staying active, getting enough sleep, and eating well.
6. Embrace flexibility: Despite careful planning, some things may not go as expected on the wedding day. Focus on the joyous moments and the love you share with your partner, knowing that it is the essence of the day.
7. Remember, your wedding day is a celebration of your love story!
Wedding Planner: Monique Events & House of Shehnai
Venue: InterContinental Pattaya Resort
3 days of festivities – 4 events – 120 guests